Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi included.
Utilities: All utiities, bed linens, hand/bath towels provided.
Parking: 24/7 on-street parking scratch cards provided.
£150.00 Security deposit required with all bookings.
Access Statement For Fisherman’s Warehouse, Cliff Street, Whitby
Fisherman’s Warehouse is a stone built house, (it is a recently built conversion October 2005) on Cliff Street, which comes down approximately 110m from the Khyber Pass (beneath the East Terrace on the East Cliff) to Flowergate and the house is approximately 200m from Poundland
• The house is marketed by Yorkshire Coastal Cottages, contact details below, the website gives an overall description and a gallery of photographs of the rooms.
• Bookings / enquiries can be made directly on the website, via email or via telephone.
• All guests are provided with written directions to the cottage. • The nearest bus stop is on Flowergate approximately 300m away.
• Whitby railway station is approximately 500m away
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• The house is on Cliff Street, a one-way street running from Flowergate to the East Cliff. Whilst car parking is not available directly outside the cottage, it is acceptable to pull up outside the front door to unload your car and then move it. There is a pay and display car park, (which is a short stay car park for Poundland) 80m away, this has a short steep hill up to Cliff Street. Alternatively on-street permit parking is available around the East Cliff 100m to 150m away, where there is a more gradual slope down to Cliff Street. Scarborough Borough Council administer the pay and display car parks on the East Cliff (enquiries Tel (01723) 232323.
• Cliff Street is a fairly narrow road and hence there are parts which have no pavement and are only just wide enough for a car and pedestrians to pass.
• The main entrance is through a small metal gate (75cm wide by 108cm high) with the main front door being on Cliff Street. The key for this door is collected from Yorkshire Coastal Cottages on the day of arrival. There is also a keysafe for late arrivals or emergencies to the left of the green wall-mounted post box.
• The front door is a black double glazed door which is 75cm wide x 198cm high, with the hinge on the left. The keyhole is 98cm high. There is a small mat outside the front door.
• There is a small PVC sill from the road (4cm high x 16cm wide) in to the entrance hall.
There is a light switch on the right hand wall for the first set of spot lights which are recessed in the ceiling.
• There is a glass panelled door 75cm wide by 199cm high. The glass is opaque to provide privacy from the front entrance hall. Beyond the entrance area the paved stone continues to a small landing area (maximum width 190cm and 240cm long) with a laundry/store room on your right and the shower room on your left.
• There are coat hooks to the right of the laundry/store room (175cm height) and a front loading washing machine and front loading dryer. These are both 60cm wide and 87cm high and there is very limited space in this triangle shaped room (the longest side being 120cm long and maximum width 90cm). A free standing drying rack is available beyond the dryer. Care needs to be taken loading the dryer as part of the sprinkler system protrudes from the facing wall. The room has a cement floor.
Ground floor shower-room
• This is accessed from the reception area, the door being adjacent to the steps to the dinning/lounge room via a door 75cm wide by 196cm high.
• The toilet seat is 44cm high - the space to the left is 14cm and to the right before the sink 40cm. The sink height is 86cm.
• The step into the shower cubicle is 21cm high, with the width of the shower door being 43cm.
• The height of the shower unit is 120cm.
• The room also has a wall mounted heated towel rail.
• The floor surface is laminate tiles.
Dining Room & Lounge
• There are three carpeted steps up into the lounge / dining room. The carpet is brown and the steps are 75cm wide x 29cm deep x 14cm high.
Beyond the small carpeted area is a wood laminate floor.
• Beyond the steps is the dinning area, there is a square table oak table (minimum 90cm by 90cm) which has it has a leaf that opens out doubling its size (maximum size 90cm wide x 180cm long x 75cm high). There are six cushioned dinning chairs available.
The room is an L shape (6.4m X 3.8m) and the lounge area is to the right and beyond the dinning area.
There is a 3-seater settee and two arm chairs. The chairs and 3-seater settee are movable. The right hand ceiling slopes down to 105cm restricting movement by the far wall. There is floor lamp and a nest of tables.
Spot lights are recessed in the sloping roof throughout the room and there are velux windows with manual blinds (an extension pole is available to open blinds and windows)
• There is a flat screen TV and DVD player remote control and CD player and radio. A Bose i-pod docking station.
• On the set of nested tables is the “Guest Folder” and in a basket by the CD player are some games.
• The kitchen has one door leading from the dinning/lounge area. • It is a 'u' shaped kitchen with integrated appliances. As you enter facing you is a fitted fridge and to the right a fitted freezer then a cupboard under the sink and a slim fitted dishwasher.
To the right of the sink are three cupboards and opposite the sink is an electric cooker with a gas hob. The work surface is 92cm high and 60cm deep, the sink and gas hob are also at 92cm high. Above the hob is an extractor unit and to the right and left are cupboards. A microwave is also available.
• Practical crockery is provided in the cupboards beneath the work surfaces. There is a set of professional cooking knives and stainless steel pans. Glasses and cups etc are in the wall cupboards.
• The electric oven can be accessed from the front. The main oven door is 75cm high and pulls down.
• The kitchen is lit by recessed spot lights with under cupboard lights either side of the cooker. The flooring is laminate tiles.
• From the reception area downstairs there is a staircase with one handrail at 90cm above the treads.
• From the landing there are 10 steps to the downstairs landing point. The lowest head clearance on the stairs is 220cm. The bottom landing (downstairs) is 80cm x 220cm.
• Bedroom 1
• Door 76cm wide x 197cm high - hinged on the right. Wood laminate floor with a medium sized rug.
• The room is L shaped with the double bed in the bottom of the L. There is an oak double bed 4' 10" (146cm) wide with a 4' 6" (137cm) mattress.
• All bedding is cotton with non feather pillows and quilt.
• The space to the left of the bed is 45cm wide.
• The space to the right of the bed is 60cm wide.
• There is a freestanding chest of drawers as well as a small doored cupboard in the left hand corner of the room.
The main room light has a switch at the door and to the left of the bed. There are two separate bedside reading lamps available by each side of the bed.
There is a set of double patio doors leading to the external area. There is a flat sceen TV and hairdryer available.
• Bedroom 2
• Door 76cm wide x 197cm high - hinged on the left.
Wood laminate floor.
• There are two single beds free standing to the left and right sides of the room.
• Bed one - the right hand side is next to the radiator by the wall. The distance between the beds is 50cm and the distance to the left of bed 2 is 10cm to the window.
• All bedding is cotton with non feather pillows and quilt.
• There is one reading lamp on the bedside cabinet between the beds.
There is a set of double patio doors leading to the external area.
• Exiting from either patio door from either bedroom there is a patio area. There is a PVC sill 4cm high and 16cm wide.
• The doors are 66cm and 82cm wide x 200cm high, with a thumb release lock at 92cm and handles at 100cm.
• There are 2 steps of 15cm high, 180cm wide and 30cm deep.
• The patio is built of local stone and therefore is an uneven surface. Patio furniture is available for guests to use.
• The patio is enclosed with a 100cm high wall to the front.
• House bathroom (downstairs)
• Door 76cm wide by 197cm high.
• Toilet seat height is 45cm.
• Distance to the left of the toilet is 60cm to the bath and distance to the right of the toilet is 62cm to the wall.
• Sink height is 84cm
• Bath height 47cm, length 165cm and 72cm wide.
• There is a tiled floor with free floor space 115cm x 200cm.
• There is a shower available over bath and a glass shower which is 70cm wide.
• The room has a wall mounted heated towel rail.
• There is a separate folder for all manufacturers instruction leaflets and places of interest leaflets.
• No pets are welcome – as informed at booking.
• The premises are non Smoking.
• Yorkshire Coastal Cottages, 29 Skinner Street, Whitby YO21 3AH
• Telephone: 0845 068 2020
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.yorkshirecoastalcottages.com
Hours of operation: Open all year.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone or email Yorkshire Coastal Cottages.