“The attractive little house was very clean, freshly decorated (I liked the colours!”
) and nicely presented. However, it was spoiled by the terrible stench of damp and mould in the kitchen. After sitting for half an hour at breakfast the first day, my eyes were burning from the spores and my husband's asthma was triggered. We had to eat all our meals out. The cupboard under the stairs is like a gas chamber - opened the door once and never again. The cupboard under the sink and the wall cabinet nearest the window are also bad. And this was in a dry week. What it's like after days of rain I dread to think. The drier wasn't working properly. There was spin, but no heat. We had to dry our clothes on the radiators (which happily work very well.) Two small points. First: there is no soap dish or caddy in the shower. You have to put the soap on the floor, which is not only a nuisance but dangerous. Come on, Owners, do you put the soap on the floor in your own shower at home? Thought not. You wouldn't put up with it, so why should a guest? Second: well done for providing a hair drier, but to use it you need a socket next to a mirror. The socket in the bedroom was in the corner behind the chair, and too far from the mirror for the flex to reach. These are small points, but the daily nuisance of them makes the difference between making a return visit and going somewhere else. Don't spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar. The mould problem is more serious, of course. It's not just a horrible smell, it's a health hazard.